So this info came out on the 17th of February and I’ve just had the time to finish reading it. Man there is some really good stuff coming up, hope one or two (or 10!) of these strike your fancy (strike your fancy? yeesh). So with out any further ado I give you!
Star Trek TNG/Doctor Who: Assimilation2 #1
Scott & David Tipton with Tony Lee (w) • J.K. Woodward (a) • Woodward, David Messina (c)
They said it would never happen! Nearly five decades and 1500 episodes in the making! The two greatest science-fiction properties of all time cross over for the first time in history, in STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION/DOCTOR WHO: ASSIMILATION2!
When the Federation’s most terrifying enemy strikes an unholy alliance with one of the Doctor’s most hated antagonists, the result is devastation on a cosmic scale! Spanning the ends of space and time itself, Captain Jean-Luc Picard and the crew of the USS Enterprise find themselves joining forces with the Doctor and his companions, with the fate of the galaxy hanging in the balance!
Written by Scott and David Tipton, the authors of the critically acclaimed Star Trek: Infestaion, and featuring the beautiful painted artwork of J.K. Woodward (Fallen Angel), this is the adventure that both Trekkers and Whovians have waited for all their lives! Geronimo? Make it so!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Variant wrap-around photo cover!
Joe Corroney “TARDIS crew on the Enterprise” cover
Star Trek TNG: A New Frontier TPB (A $19.99 retail value!)
• The first Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover ever!
• Featuring fan-favorite villains the Borg and the Cybermen!
• Fully painted artwork by J.K. Woodward!
• Ask your retailer about the rare wraparound photo cover!
• Ask your retailer about the super-rare Joe Corroney cover featuring the Doctor and friends aboard the USS Enterprise!
* My take: The Doctor and Picard???? While I’d love it even more if it were the 10th Doctor I’ll buy this! Geronimo!
Frankenstein Alive, Alive! #1
Steve Niles (w) • Bernie Wrightson (a & c)
Few works by comic-book artists have earned the universal acclaim and reverence that Bernie Wrightson’s illustrated version of Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley’s Frankenstein was met with upon its original release in 1983.
Nearly 30 years later, Wrightson returns to his passion project with a comic series that picks up at the end of the classic novel, hailed as one of the greatest horror stories of all time. Frequent Wrightson collaborator Steve Niles provides the script for this epic, decades in the making.
While appearing to be in black and white, each page was scanned in color to mimic as closely as possible the experience of viewing the actual original art, showing off the exquisitely detailed brush work of one of the greatest living artists in comics today.
Each issue will also include supplemental materials, including interviews, essays and a serialization of the original prose story by Shelley.
B&W • 32 pages • $3.99
Black & White Variant Bernie Wrightson Cover!
- Legendary artist Bernie Wrightson returns to Frankenstein for the first time in nearly 30 years!
- Each black-and-white page reproduced in color, exhibiting the exquisite brushwork of the living legend!
- “Bernie Wrightson is an artist of great talent and great heart.” —Stephen King
* My take, I’ll take a look at anything Wrightson does especially a Frankenstein story! And you give us Steve Niles as well, guaranteed buy!
Jason Ciaramella (w) • Zach Howard (a & c)
Every little boy dreams about putting on a cape and soaring up, up, and away… but what if one day that dream were to come true?
Eric was like every other eight-year-old boy, until a tragic accident changed his life forever. The Cape explores the dark side of power, as the adult Eric – a confused and broken man – takes to the skies… and sets out to exact a terrible vengeance on everyone who ever disappointed him.
This critically acclaimed, Eisner-Award nominated story, written by Jason Ciaramella, based on the short story by New York Times bestselling author Joe Hill, with art by Zach Howard and Nelson Daniel, will linger with you long after you turn the last page, and force you to ask yourself the question: “What if?”
HC • FC • $24.99 • 132 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-196-9
- “If you’re unsure about picking up The Cape then you need to ask yourself one question: do I want a comic that will surprise me? If you’re after something different, this book has it in spades.” –Comic Book Resources
* My take: I read this series in monthly issues (when it came out). I hope you give it a shot, it’s a great twist on the everyman super hero.
Locke & Key, Vol. 4: Keys to the Kingdom
Joe Hill (w) • Gabriel Rodriguez (a & c)
Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez’s Locke & Key unwinds into its fourth volume in “Keys To The Kingdom.” With more keys making themselves known, and the depths of the Locke’s family’s mysteries ever expanding, Dodge’s desperation to end his shadowy quest drives the habitants of Keyhouse ever closer to a revealing conclusion.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 160 pages • ISBN 978-1-61377-207-2
- The multiple-Eisner-nominated (and Best Writer-winning) fourth volume, Keys to the Kingdom, gets its softcover due.
- “That. Just. Happened.” — IGN.com
Locke & Key Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft • FC • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-384-1
Locke & Key Vol. 2: Head Games • FC • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-761-0
Locke & Key Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows • FC • $19.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-953-9
* My take: This is hands down the best horror series I’ve ever read. I hope it lasts forever!
Locke & Key Game
Gabriel Rodriguez (a)
Developed by Cryptozoic, makers of the World of Warcraft trading card game, and featuring Gabriel Rodriguez’ stunning Locke & Key art, this card game lets you inside Keyhouse, where walking through the door will transform you, and hate-filled creatures await…
FC • $30.00 • 9.25” x 6.25” x 1.75” • ISBN 978-1-61768-109-7
- You’ve read the New York Times Bestselling books from Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez… now, play the game!
* My take: Card game? Really? Somebody out there needs to check this out and tell me if it’s worth playing.
Erik Burnham (w) • Dan Schoening (a) • Schoening, Tristan Jones (c)
New York City doesn’t have a monopoly on the supernatural, and it was only a matter of time before apparitions in other areas were enhanced by the expansion of psychokinetic energy! HAUNTED AMERICA finds the Ghostbusters venturing out far beyond the comfortable confines of the Empire State. So grab some snacks and get ready… it’ll be the most spirited road trip of the year!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Variant Mike Henderson cover!
- Each issue contains a back-up Ghostbusters story by Tristan Jones! “Who Killed Laura Parr?” will run in all 4 issues of Haunted America!
- The Ghostbusters leave New York! On the road for the first time in comics!
- Four Dan Schoening covers connect to make a unified National map, each featuring a different Ghostbuster! Four Tristan Jones covers featuring a haunted tourist postcard theme!
* My take: I follow this stuff occasionally but I must admit the art looks really good this time around.
Road Rage #4 (of 4)
Richard Matheson, Chris Ryall (w) • Rafa Garres (a & c)
The harrowing conclusion of the first-ever comic adaptation of Richard Matheson’s classic, Duel. It’s just Mann and his damaged car trying to survive the final onslaught of a murderous and crazed trucker, as brought to life by Matheson, Chris Ryall, and artist Rafa Garres.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Variant Black & White Rafa Garres cover
- Story by Richard Matheson, the inspiration behind Steven Spielberg’s classic movie!
My take: Did you pick up issue 1???? Go to your local shop right now and see if they have any left!
Night of 1,000 Wolves #1 (of 3)
Bobby Curnow (w) • Dave Wachter (a & c)
In the Dark Ages, the tranquil life of Harrick Benjyon and his family is shattered by unthinkable tragedy. Before they can react, the family find themselves under seige by hordes of wolves with one aim. Death. A race for survival becomes all the more impossible by the arrival of the supernatural… and the dark secrets that lie at the heart of the Benjyon family. Another classic horror tale from the company that brought you 30 Days of Night and Locke & Key!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Variant Micheal Manomivibul cover!
- “A tight, well paced, suspense tale that provides plenty of gore, thrills, and chills — skilled, confident, and accomplished storytelling” – Alan Heinberg (Avengers: Children’s Crusade)
- Art by Eisner and Harvey nominee Dave Wachter (That Hellbound Train, Guns of Shadow Valley)
* My take: I haven’t heard much about this but it sounds very cool.
Zombies vs Robots Annual
Chris Ryall, Daniel Wilson, Rio Youers, Kevin Grevioux (w) • Ashley Wood, Sam Kieth, Andy Kuhn, Drew Ford (a) • Ashley Wood (c)
This first-ever ZvR special not only reunites co-creators Chris Ryall & Ashley Wood, but it opens the ZvR world to other creators, too. Creators like novelists Daniel Wilson (Robopocalypse) and Rio Youers, artists Sam Kieth and Andy Kuhn! In “Seasons of War,” each creative team looks at a different season of the zombie-robot apocalypse!
FC • 48 pages • $7.99
- Features an all-new story by co-creators Ashley Wood & Chris Ryall
- Also features the first-ever comic work from Robopocalypse author Daniel Wilson and author Rio Youers!
- Acclaimed artists Sam Kieth and Andy Kuhn illustrate the ZvR world for the first time!
* My take: With the names attached to this book I can’t imagine it not being good!
Memorial #6 (of 6)
Chris Roberson (w) • Rich Ellis (a) • Michael WM Kaluta (c)
Em’s journey has brought her to the Everglade, a garden of statues that lies at the very heart of the Everlands, where she finds herself face to face with the power that has disrupted all of reality. But when Em learns who she once was, and why she lost her memory, the answers only raise new questions. Things are not as they have seemed, and Em realizes that her journey is far, far from over.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Black & White Michael Kaluta cover!
- From the company that brought you 30 Days of Night and Locke & Key comes the latest creator-owned hit series!
- The first groundbreaking arc concludes!
- Covers by Michael Kaluta!
* My take: I’ve been onboard with this book since issue one, I hope you have too. It’s interesting and enjoyable. Great no capes and tights book!
30 Days of Night #7
Steve Niles (w) • Christopher Mitten (a) • Davide Furnó (c)
Fright-master Steve Niles continues the all-new, critically acclaimed 30 DAYS OF NIGHT ongoing series! Word of the Barrow Massacre has reached Los Angeles—and the FBI—and special Agent Blood knows she can no longer stay away from her duty. Meanwhile, a new army of undead is growing as three vampire factions head toward collision.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99
Variant Jason Shawn Alexander cover!
- “A triumphant return for the preeminent modern vampire story.”—Newsarama
* My take: Again a book I’ve been following since issue 1 and one that I highly recommend!
30 Days of Night: 10 Bloody Years Treasury Edition
Steve Niles (w) • Ben Templesmith (a) • Ashley Wood (c)
It’s the 10th anniversary of 30 Days of Night’s groundbreaking first issue! To properly commemorate this momentous comic, we’re releasing the entire miniseries by Niles and Templesmith as an oversize Treasury Edition! See the story that established IDW and the creators as forces to be reckoned with!
FC • Cardstock • $9.99 • 72 pages • 9.25” x 14.25”
- Special Treasury Edition collects 30 Days of Night #1-3 in one oversize package
- Features Ashley Wood’s original 30 Days of Night #1 cover art
* My take: Niles and Templesmith? If you don’t own this you should!
Believe it or not that’s not everything worth buying! Go to: IDW May Solicits to look at all the stuff coming up! Then get to your local shop and start ordering people!!!!