We geeks love to play dress up, as NYCC proves. Halloween ComicFest want to give you another chance to don your geek duds and get in the Halloween spirit while competing for some pretty great prizes!
“The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever” Returns!
Enter the costume contest for a chance to win a $500 shopping spree to your local comic shop and additional prizes!
(Baltimore, MD) – (October 21, 2014)- Halloween ComicFest is conducting “The Greatest Halloween Costume Contest Ever”, where participants take a picture in costume showcasing one of the 19 free Halloween ComicFest full-size or mini-comics and then upload their costume photos to be entered to win great prizes, including a Grand Prize of a $500 shopping spree at their local comic shop!
Starting October 25th through November 9th contestants can upload their photos and choose one of the five costume categories— Superhero/Comics, TV/Movie, Gamer, Horror and Original to enter.
How To Enter:
- Contestants must get one of the 19 official Halloween ComicFest full-size or mini-comics.
- Contestants must take a picture holding one of the Halloween ComicFest comics while in costume.
- The photo must then be uploaded to the Halloween ComicFest website at (halloweencomicfest.com/costumecontest) and submitted into the appropriate costume category where it will be screened by the HCF staff to ensure the photo is appropriate and has a HCF comic included in the picture.
- Contestants are encouraged to share their photo to try and gain votes online.
- Photos can be submitted anytime they receive a Halloween ComicFest 2014 comic until 11:59PM on November 9th.
From Sunday, November 2nd until Sunday November 9th at 11:59PM, fans will be able to vote on their favorite entries featured on the HCF website, ultimately helping decide a category winner. In addition to the category prize winners, two Grand Prize winners will be picked at random to receive a $500 shopping spree to their local comic shop and one adult and one child from each category will receive a $100 shopping spree. The adult and child who earn the most votes in their respective categories will receive a prize pack containing a variety of items from contest sponsors which include DC Comics, Dark Horse Comics, Archie Comics, IDW Publishing, BOOM! Studios, Diamond Select Toys, Zenescope, Oni Press, Abstract, Funko, Giant Microbes, Funimation, Tweeterhead, and Bandai.
“This year, it’s easier to enter the costume contest, as anyone who receives at least one of the free Halloween ComicFest comics and has a costume is eligible to enter,” said Halloween ComicFest spokesperson Deborah Moreland. “Comic shops are packed with great comics, graphic novels and other pop-culture merchandise and on Oct. 25th they’ll be packed with customers picking up the Halloween ComicFest full-size and mini-comics for free in addition to having a fun experience all-around at their local participating comic shop.” “We expect some friendly competition to take place once the voting begins and look forward to seeing what people wear to win.”
To enter the contest and view other participants photos, go to www.halloweencomicfest.com/costumecontest. For more information about the free full-size and mini-comics and to find a participating comic shop, go to www.halloweencomicfest.com.