I stumbled across this today and had to share, come on we all have a shop we love (:cough: Royal Collectibles, Forest Hills NY :cough:) that we know needs to be nominated. Well click on the link and nominate away!!!!
2014 Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award
Call for Nominations
The Will Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer Award, presented under the auspices of Comic-Con International: San Diego, is given to an individual retail store that has done an outstanding job of supporting the comic art medium both in the community and within the industry at large. The 2014 Award will be given out as part of the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards on Friday evening, July 25, 2014.
You can nominate your favorite store for the award! The deadline for nomination ballots is April 4, 2014.
GUIDELINES for nomination include:
- Any retail store established in business for at least two years is eligible to be nominated.
- Anyone—retailers, professionals, fans—may place a name in nomination.
- A panel of industry judges selects a group of finalists to be subjected to an in-depth examination based on the award criteria. Recipient will be announced as part of the Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards at Comic-Con International on Friday, July 25, 2014.
- Previous winners  are not eligible for nomination.
CRITERIA for judging include:
- Supporting a wide variety of innovative material.
- Providing opportunities for creators’ material to reach buyers; stocking a diverse inventory.
- Knowledge: Working to stay informed on retailing as well as on the comics field.
- Community activity: Promoting comics to the community; maintaining relationships with schools and libraries; keeping active in social, business, and arts community organizations.
- Quality of store image: Using innovative display approaches; using store design creatively.
- Adhering to standard ethical business practices.